Working from home is ideal for a lot of people. There are different ways to do it but you have to find the job that is going to work for you and your situation. Someone who has three kids four and under at home will have to find something different then a mom of all school aged kids or a woman without any children. If you are wanting a work from home job, ask yourself when you would work, how much you could work and what type of jobs sound good to you.
There are jobs that require that you be on the phone and there are jobs that require you to work at specific hours. Others can be done over the internet and can be worked during any hour that works for you.
Here is a list of work at home jobs that you might want to consider if you are trying to find a way to make money from home:
- Freelancing- this can be writing, graphic design, social media or any type of service you can provide for someone else that you do as an independent contractor. You would not be working for any company, you would probably get a 1099 at the end of the year for taxes. This will allow you to work on different projects and for different businesses. You can be as busy as you would like or just take a couple of jobs a month.
- Blogging- There are a lot of bloggers out there making a full-time income, others are making a part-time income. It can be done and it is a good goal to work towards. You need an idea for your blog and to be able to put the time into it. The money won’t happen overnight but it is possible to work from home as a blogger.
- Working for a company who hires at home workers- Some companies hire people from home to work for their companies. You would apply and then have a few weeks of training all from home. They might require you to work certain hours or schedule you based on each week. This type of job would be best for people who do not have little kids at home everyday, all day long. It requires a lot of your attention as you might be answering customer service phone calls and would need a quiet house. One example of this is working for Apple. This article explains more.
- Direct Sales- You have all heard of direct sales. Scentsy, Jamberry, 31 Bags, Young Living Essential Oils, Tastefully Simple, etc. With direct sales you will be signing up with a company and selling the items. You would not be an employee but you would be considered an independent consultant. People could sign up under you and you would make part of your income based on their sales. I have been with Scentsy since 2011. I sell online and in my local community.
- Selling Handmade Goods- If you are creative and can make something worth selling, this might be an option for you. It can be done on a part-time basis or you can step it up and make it a full-time job. You can sell online, at vendor fairs or even put your products in a local shop. The key is being able to make something that is worth buying and to know how to sell it. Having a business mindset will go a long way in this type of job.
What would you add to this list? What have you done to make money from home?