Social media is something most of us use on a daily basis. From Facebook to Twitter to Instagram to Pinterest. Different platforms give us different experiences and allow us to connect to others in different ways. Some people use all of the platforms and others just stick to one or two.
Social media can be a very good thing. It allows us to connect to those we miss, stay in touch with old friends and share our lives with those who are important to us.
It allows us to meet new people, learn about others and connect in a way our parents and Grandparents never imagined when they were are age.
Good or bad, social media is here to stay. Although the platforms might change, we are not going to go back to the way it used to be.
Every once in a while I see people get fed up with it and tell people they are leaving it. This is fine, but when they say, “people who are important to me can call,” I am not sure that will work for them. While I understand why they said it, I don’t think it is 2014 reality.
A lot of people don’t call anymore. We text, email or Facebook chat. I don’t think that means people don’t care. I just think it means we live in a different time than when that was the norm. I know for myself calling is hard with the kids. It’s hard because I am not a phone person. It is so much easier for me to text or message people.
When I went off to college in 1997, my friends and I wrote actual letters to each other. I remember being excited about checking the mail and grabbing my stationary and writing letters. I miss that in a lot of ways. It was personal and I loved it. For the most part, we are not going to go back to that. This isn’t to say I will never send a card or even write a letter again, I might. But my generation is not going to get back into letter writing to talk to our friends. Why would we when we can text and our friends can get the information that way as well as responding back to us rather quickly.
I think the phone is going the same way. And email will soon follow. That’s life and technology. Things change and we just have to decide how we will change with them.
Is social media perfect? Far from it. There can be some issues with it but for myself? I choose to embrace it, because if I didn’t…I would miss out on too much. And it is more than just reading about what someone ate for lunch. It is about connecting with others, not having to say goodbye forever to those that move away and being able to meet new people in fun way.
So if you are someone struggling with social media, make it work for you. You have a lot of options out there, even within one platform. You can choose to be open or more private. You can post about your thoughts or just share articles. It is what you make it
Disclosure of Material Connection: The 5-hour ENERGY® samples, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by the makers of 5-hour ENERGY® I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Since I started working at home full-time, it is very important that I have the energy to get my work done. This can be challenging after lunch when I start to feel a little bit tired. I need something to get through the afternoon so I can get my work done and have a successful work day.
5-hour Energy is one of the products that can help get through the afternoon slump.
Information about 5-hour ENERGY® shots:
- 5-hour ENERGY® shots are dietary supplements that provide hours of energy and alertness
- Contain a blend of B-vitamins, amino acids, and essential nutrients
- Helps people feel alert and energized for hours
- Zero sugar, zero carbs, zero herbal stimulants and 4 calories!
- Caffeine in a 5-hour ENERGY® shot is comparable to a cup of the leading premium coffee
- May consume up to 2 bottles of 5-hour ENERGY®, spaced several hours apart. For moderate energy, drink ½ bottle of 5-hour ENERGY®
5-hour ENERGY® is not an energy drink or intended to be mixed with alcohol. It is not intended for children, women who are pregnant or nursing, or people with medical conditions. It does not increase physical performance, dexterity, or endurance and does not treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Do not drink more than two per day, do not drink more than one at a time.
Right now 5-hour Energy is having a super fun Yummification contest!
Information about the “Yummification” Contest:
- The makers of 5-hour ENERGY® announced the launch of the “Yummification” video contest, where entrants can win a share of $100,000 for creating a video of their favorite way to mix a 5-hour ENERGY® shot with an everyday beverage. The contest will be judged on the creativity of the video and the taste of the creation
- Drink creations must follow the approved/non-approved ingredients guidelines (i.e. no caffeinated beverages or alcohol)
- To enter the contest, visit www.5houryummification.com and follow the instructions to complete the entry form; “Like” 5-hour ENERGY® on Facebook, then create and submit a video that is no longer than 60 seconds showing an original combination being made, tasted, and named (creativity counts!)
- One grand prize winner will receive $50,000, and the following prizes will also be awarded:
- Second Prize (1): Thirty Thousand Dollars ($30,000)
- Third Prize (1): Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000)
- Fourth Prizes (10): One Thousand Dollars ($1,000)
- Entries must be received by August 19, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT to be eligible. No purchase necessary. US residents only. 18 years and up
- To enter, visit www.5houryummification.com and follow the instructions to complete the entry form or “Like” the 5-hour ENERGY® page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/5HourEnergyShot and follow the instructions to click the contest tab
- For official rules, visit 5houryummification.com
I was given a 10 pack of 5-hour Energy so I could create my own Yummification drink.
I was drawn to the pink bottle which is the pink lemonade flavor. I decided to mix that one with some yummy orange and strawberry juice for a drink I like to call, “Lemonade Fruity Bash.” It tasted like the orange and strawberry juice with a tiny bit of pink lemonade. It was a great mix of all three flavors.
I also tried the Lemon and Lime with some apple juice for an interesting taste.
Now it it is your turn to make up a drink and enter the contest, but first, enter this giveaway to win a 5-hour Energy PRIZE PACK with a $25 gift card!
- 5-hour ENERGY® “Yummification” video contest site: www.5houryummification.com
- 5-hour ENERGY® “Yummification” video contest Facebook tab: https://www.facebook.com/5HourEnergyShot/app_119145321465581
- 5-hour ENERGY® Twitter: https://twitter.com/5HourEnergy
Growing up we had a waterpark in our city that we usually got season passes too. It was so much fun. It was a good size park with a lot of slides, a lazy river and a wave pool.
We don’t have anything like that too close to us although there is a park in Nashville. We do have Tiebreaker which is the smallest waterpark I have ever seen but it works well for our kids right now. They have a small lazy river, two slides, a water playground and pool. We thought we might get season passes but at $60 a person, we thought that was too much. Instead, we took advantage of their buy one get one free Mondays and used coupons.
We ended up making it there about five times during the summer which was great. It was a lot of fun to spend some time in the water, go on the slides and just have some fun as a family, especially since I was working a lot this summer.
As our children get older, I know they will want a bigger waterpark to play in but for now, this works.
Does your family like to go to waterparks?
Summer is over! At least for us here in Clarksville, TN. Back to the regular routine of the school year. I was glad that I was able to review the K5 reading program over the summer. My nine year old was the one who used it.
To start I had him take the Reading assessment to see what level he was at. This was helpful so I could see where he was. He has struggled with reading so it was helpful to know where he was at the start of the program.
Each time he went into the lesson I had him do three rounds. This took him about 15 minutes. What is so great about it too is that as a parent I can go in and see how he is doing. I can look up the assessment results as well as how he is doing overall on the lessons. He also has his own login which is nice. There is nothing to download. You just go to the site and login.
Here is a little bit more information about the program…
The K5 program includes:
- an initial online assessment of each child’s math and reading skills,
- award-winning, curricula based reading and math content,
- over 3,000 online multimedia activities, personalized for each child based on his or her assessment,
- a highly structured environment which allows the student to proceed through the lessons in a logical fashion at his own pace,
- ease of use which allows even 4 or 5 year olds to work independently,
- attention to child safety with no external links, advertisements, chat or similar,
- comprehensive reporting to parents,
- 24/7 availability and no downloads
K5 Learning (www.k5learning.com) is an online reading and math program for kids from
kindergarten through grade 5. Our intent is to help kids build reading, math and study skills
through independent study. K5 is designed for home use and can be used for after-school,
weekend and summertime supplemental study or in conjunction with a homeschooling program.
How it Works
Kids complete an online assessment of 8 key reading and math skills, and then work
independently at their own pace through over 3,000 online lessons and activities. The lessons
are animated, interactive and simple enough that a 4-5 year old can use them independently. We
automatically choose lessons for students (based on their assessment and past lessons), track
student progress and provide reports for parents.
Benefits for Kids
K5 helps kids learn essential reading and math skills, develop good study habits, and fulfill their
Benefits for Parents
K5 makes life easier for parents by allowing for effective, independent study by kids. Simplified
interfaces, automatic lesson selection, student tracking and reporting all contribute to minimize
the amount of daily supervision required.
Who we are
K5 Learning was founded by parents who wanted better learning tools available to their kids for
home use. In 2010, we licensed the very best reading and math software, used by thousands of
students in hundreds of schools, from leading U.S. education companies. K5 Learning is
formed from the combination of this award winning software
K5 is available on a subscription basis for $25/month or $199/year with substantial discounts for
siblings. Each subscription includes a free math and reading assessment and unlimited use of
each of K5’s four programs, K5 Reading, K5 Math, K5 Spelling and K5 Math Facts. A 14 day
free trial is available.
You can sign up for your free 14 day trial here!
* I was given a free six week trial of this product for review. Opinions are my own.