Summer? Already? We have just 45 days left until summer vacation begins. Every year I think about my kid’s ages and I am VERY excited about this summer of 10, 8 and 4. Very. For one thing, NO ONE IS IN DIAPERS!!! Which means, NO ONE IS IN SWIM DIAPERS. I can’t tell you how excited this makes me!
I am looking forward to bbqing, plants growing, wearing shorts, long nights, sleeping in, fun memories and time with the boys.
It is also possible that this will be my last summer home with the boys. Next summer I could be working and they could be in daycare or with their Dad instead. So THIS summer is going to be awesome, I am going to make sure of it.
This is what is on our list so far:
- Time at the pool. I think for the first time ever I can handle taking all three boys by myself, as long as the pool is set up the right way and I think I know of one that will work.
- Splash Park. The easiest way to get wet in the summer and hang out with friends.
- Water Park. We have a tiny one here that will be fun for the boys.
- Camping. Yes, we want to attempt it again.
- Park Time. This gets harder to do once we hit July since it is SO hot and the bugs so we will go more in May and June and in the evenings.
- Day Camps. I already have them signed up for one each so I am excited about that.
- Overnight Camp. This will be for my oldest.
- VBS. Hoping to volunteer this year since all three will be able to go.
- Swim Lessons. All three will do it this year, hoping they can all go at the same time.
- Walks. I love walking or a mix of walking, bike riding, scooter riding depending on the kid. Either around the neighborhood or somewhere with more to look at then just houses and lawns.
- Adventure Science Center. We have a pass now.
- The Movies. I can now take all three to the movies so plan to do that. We really want to see Inside Out and Minions. My oldest wants to see Jurassic World.
- Movies at the Park. Hoping we can take in a few of these too.
What about you? Are you ready for summer yet? Planning any trips? Any camps?