A few years ago I read Faith Deployed and just loved the book! It was the perfect thing to read during our deployment. So when I heard Jocelyn Green was going to come out with another one I was very excited about it! I am also happy to take part in the Faith Deployed…Again Blog Tour that is taking place this week.
This book is set up the same way as the first one. Each devotion starts with a bible verse and after is a question and a prayer having to do with the devotion.
This book is broken down into eight different sections.
- Basic Training: Guiding Principles for Military Living
- Intimate Allies: Protecting Your Military Marriage
- Tour of Duty: Overcoming Deployments and Other Separations
- Soul Armor: Guarding against Spiritual Attacks
- Stationed in Christ: Dwelling in the Lord, Near and Far
- In God’s Service: Living for the Lord
- Home Front Hope: Moving Forward in God’s Strength
- For Blue Star Moms: Trusting God with Your Service Member
My favorite section was “Stationed in Christ: Dwelling in the Lord, Near and Far.” Having lived in Germany for four years I could relate to the devotionals about being stationed overseas or in a far off place. I also loved that there is a chapter for the moms of our service members.
What I like most about this book is that you don’t have to read it all the way through. You can keep it on your nightstand and read a different devotion each night. Or if you are struggling with different issues you will probably be able to find a devotion that can help.
How would you like to win a copy of this awesome book? Jocelyn Green has given me an extra copy to give away to one of my readers 🙂
The giveaway will start today and end on Tuesday September 13, 2011.
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment telling me why you would want to win this book 🙂
- Tweet about the giveaway. Make sure to included @armywifejulie in your tweet. 1 tweet per day. Please leave 1 comment for every day you tweet. (1 entry)
- Follow me on GFC. If you already are just let me know that. (1 entry)
- Blog about the giveaway. Make sure to leave the link in your comment. (3 entries)
Last Updated on May 16, 2016 by Julie Provost