My house is an all boy house. We have no little girls here. Mommy is the only one sporting the pink. My 10 year old loves green, my 8 and 4 year old love blue. Walk into our house and you will probably be able to tell pretty quickly that we are an all boy home.
This is why…
1. Legos Legos everywhere. Lego Star Wars, Lego Avengers, Lego Harry Potter…I think we have a little bit of everything. Girls love Legos too, I played with them as a child but they are all over the place here. Sets and figures and video games.
2. We won’t be selling any Girl Scout cookies. My oldest was in Cub scouts and I learned pretty quickly that it is different from my experience with Girl Scouts. Either that or things have changed a lot since I was a kid. The Boy scouts sell popcorn. While the popcorn is good, it isn’t like Girl Scout cookies. No one is waiting for them to come out. You can pretty much buy the same thing at a grocery store. I always buy from two or three little girls because I was a Girl Scout for 12 years and the cookies are just that good!
3. No shopping in the pink aisle. I love Barbie and girly toys but that isn’t what my boys want. I go over to the pink aisle to shop for friends and family but not my own kids. It is like going to a foreign land. An area I am not a part of anymore. I have always been open to having dolls and girl stuff around but my boys? They don’t want it.
4. Everything is a gun. I am not too big on toy guns but we have a few. Mostly Nerf guns. But what I have learned is that little boys turn almost anything into a gun. And if they have nothing else, a finger also works. Everytime friends come over they want to grab the Nerf guns and head outside where they pretend to be Star Wars guys or whatever else their minds come up with.
5. Potty training is difficult. Yes, I know there are boys out there that train early and there are girls out there that take their time, but taking an informal poll of friends with both sexes, boys are usually harder to potty train than girls.
6. The Boys bathroom. Any mom with a boy knows how messy their bathroom can get. Whenever I look at houses and think about searching for one with just 1.5 baths, I just remind myself about having boys. I need my own bathroom. Boys are messy.
I have heard that boys are harder as young kids and then as they get older they are a little bit easier. I have also heard that it is the opposite for girls. I am not sure if that is true but it kind of seems to lean that way. Either way, kids are hard and I love being a mom of all boys.
Are you a mom of all boys? How many do you have?
* This post contains affiliate links.