Blogging is such a great way to get your words out into the world. Whether you are blogging as a hobby or doing it as a business. Whether you have 100K followers or just your family and a few friends.
However, if you want to grow your blog, if you want to make money from blogging, if you want to make it into more of a business, there are certain things you have to do on a regular basis. I haven’t always been the best about completing this list on a regular basis and I could see the difference.
Being a blogger is more than just writing. It is a mix of using your blog for good, for writing from your heart to connecting with people and putting yourself out there.
So what should you be doing on a regular basis?
Here’s my list of 6 things bloggers should do on a regular basis:
1. Write posts. You need to be writing on a regular basis. For some, this would mean just a couple of times a week. For others, it means every day. What you don’t want to do is write and then wait 3 weeks to write again. If you want to grow your blog and get out there, you need to be posting regularly.
2. Write for other sites. This might mean guest posting or it could also mean writing for other sites for free or pay on a regular basis. By writing on other sites you might be able to write about a different topic and you can gain new readers who head on over to your site from the site you wrote on.
3. Update old posts. My blog is about six years old. Which means I have a lot of older posts I have written that need to be refreshed a bit. I wrote them before I even thought about Pinterest or what type of photos would be best. I need to go back through and update some of my older posts and reshare them. By doing this I am able to promote some of my older content in a new way.
4. Schedule Social Media. Some of my social media I write live and other posts I schedule. I do this to save time and to always have something going out. I use Buffer, RoundTeam and BoardBooster to do this. Buffer is my favorite and I go on there everyday to add new posts to share. Both my own and others I have read that I want to share with my readers.
5. Respond to comments. I can say I am not as quick at doing this as other people are. I am working on it though. But isn’t it nice to get an email back after you leave a comment on a blog post? So I do try to go through and do that too.
6. Visit Facebook Groups. I am apart of quite a few Facebook groups for bloggers. My favorites are the Mil-Blogging Buddies group, Blogger2Business and The Business of Blogging. I have learned a lot from these types of groups and I have also been able to meet and connect with other bloggers through them. I recommend joining a few, especially if you are a new blogger and just getting started.
7. Visit Other Blogs. I use Bloglovin to keep track of other blogs I am reading. I try to go through and read a few everyday. I am never going to read every single post of every single blog I am following but it is fun to go through them. I also click on links I see on social media for posts that look interesting to me.
Are you a blogger? What would you add to your list???
* This post contains affiliate links!
Last Updated on June 24, 2021 by Writer