We all know that there are positives to every deployment. We also know how hard they can be and how badly you might miss your spouse when they are away. Sometimes it is just the little everyday things that you miss the most.
This is my list of what I missed the most when he was gone on a deployment…
* Being with me when the boys have activities like soccer practice/games. I video tape but still…not the same!
* My weekend “break”- When my husband is home I am able to get out for a few hours all by myself. Even if it is a 15 minute run to the store.
* Sundays after church- I just want to go out to lunch with my husband, I miss that when he is not home.
* Sundays at church- I miss sitting by him & holding hands during the service. It is just not the same sitting there with just the kids or even by myself.
* Having someone to bounce little ideas/questions off of. I like hearing his opinion about life and whatever might be on my mind. I can also ask him if I am just being crazy about something or just his thought on the subject.
* Watching a movie with him. I end up watching more movies when he is gone but I love it when we can watch them together. And then talk about how weird or silly they were.
* Hearing his opinion on shows like the Bachelor or Army Wives. He just cracks me up with his thoughts. I always miss that humor.
* His jokes. My husband is a very silly man and always trying to make a joke. Even if they are pretty corny, I miss them when he is not around. I find myself craving his jokes because they are very much a part of who he is.
Distance is hard, and missing the day-to-day can really get to you. On the other hand, it can really make you appreciate your time together even more. When he is home, you can be thankful for all those little moments that you have together. I know that since my husband joined the Army in 2005, I have been able to really appreciate all the little things when he is home.
What would you add to this list? What do you miss the most during a deployment???