This post does contain affiliate links.
I bought my first E-reader in 2010 and I fell in love with it. I am one of those people who is always reading a lot of books at once. It is a pain to carry them everywhere so the Kindle made so much sense.
Years later I still love my Kindle but have recently tried to read more traditional books as well. I had missed them.
I read on a Kindle Paperwhite and I know some can read their e-books on an ipad or other type of tablet or phone, I only prefer the E-ink ones. They are closer to reading like a traditional book and don’t hurt my eyes.
1) The space factor. I love my books and filling bookshelves but there is only so much space. I like that I can carry so many books in one place. This is especially good for me as I tend to jump from book to book until one of them really draws me in. It is also super handy for travel because I don’t have to worry about packing too many books which I always used to do in the past.
2) You can get books instantly. When I have been in the middle of a book series and end one of the books at 11pm on a Friday night, I can get the next book right away if I want to. No waiting until I can get to the store. It is so nice. It was one of the things that drew me to E-readers in the first place.
3) I don’t have to remember to return library books. When you borrow e-books from the library, they expire and that is how you return them. If our town had more libraries, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal for me but we only have one and it is on the other side of town. And I have it set up that if I am on a waiting list and the book becomes available, it automatically goes to my account.
4) Reading at the gym. I always bring my Kindle with me because it is so much easier to read that way then a more traditional book. I am sure there are other places where this is true too. It is nice because reading makes my workout time go by a little bit faster.
5) I can easily read at night. Before I got the Paperwhite I bought a cool little light that attached to my Kindle. Now with the one I have I can read in the dark without any issue. This is one of my favorite features because I like to read in bed at night and I don’t want to keep my husband awake when I do it. I also like knowing how much time I have left in a chapter. I am not sure why, but it is a cool feature that I just don’t have with a traditional book.
What about how? How do you like to get your reading done?