It’s summer! Are you excited? Maybe you are feeling a bit disappointed about what summer is going to look like this year? I know I am.
There are a lot of things that have been canceled or won’t be happening this year. My youngest was supposed to go to his first overnight summer camp and we are super sad about that, as well as other summer activities we just can’t do right now.
We are going to have to have a lot more patience this summer than ever before, and try to keep a sense of humor about it. Here are 7 ways to get you through the summer…in GIFS.
1) Invest in a good sprinkler…for the kids, for the dog, and well for you too. You know you will want to take a run through them every once in a while.
2) Binge watch something that will grab you from the start, and make it so you don’t want to do anything else. Watch out though, you might start to think that you are actually friends with the characters.
3) Make cookies. Make all the cookies. Make chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies and peanut butter cookies. You can even make oatmeal cookies. But whatever you do, do not make oatmeal cookies and let people think they are chocolate chip cookies. That is just not cool.
4) Read all the books. There are so many good books out there. From beach reads to books that will get you to think about all the important topics. Find some paperbacks and sit outside, and get your reading on. Summertime is a good time for it.
5) DIY everything! If you have downtime, why not use it to work on your home a bit? Step one) figure out what you want to do. That actually might take you all summer long, but that’s okay. You can always just watch HGTV as homework.
6) Prepare for that PCS! Maybe you are not moving until December, but who cares. It’s time to research. Find out about your new home. Could that location change? Sure! But we milspouses know this, we just have to power through.
7) Learn a new skill. I mean, why not? Learn how to knit, or take better photos. Learn how to play the guitar, or how to work on a website. The internet makes it so much easier these days and you never know when that new skill will lead to a different career path.
I hope you are having a good summer, even though this summer is probably the oddest summer we will ever have.