35 Things Military Spouses Are Thankful For
Every Thanksgiving you probably get asked what you are thankful for. For some families, this is a tradition where you go around the table and say what that is before you get to eat. A lot of answers are God, family, husband, kids, job, etc. All of those are great answers but let’s go further than that. What are military spouses thankful for? Sometimes it is the little things that matter the most.
- DONSAs- When our spouse gets a 4 day weekend. Yay!
- Short deployments- All deployments are hard, shorter deployments end sooner.
- Trips back home- Time to see our family and friends!
- Free events on post- Because free fun is good fun.
- Good friends- Ones we can count on.
- Good neighbors- They make our own home that much better.
- Husbands who only work 12 hour days- Because in the military, days could be even longer than that.
- Magical moments- Like that time you were able to take your kids to see a real life castle.
- Homecoming day- Because it is the best day ever!
- Block Leave- The wonderful time when your spouse is all ours for weeks at a time.
- R&R-The most romantic time during your marriage and a break from a long deployment.
- Promotions- Because it is nice to see your spouse move up in his career.
- Good FRGs- Yes, they are out there.
- Nice housing- Because you want to love where you live.
- Long phone calls- Because they don’t always happen.
- Homecoming date- That hopefully won’t change.
- A new journal- The best way to get all of your stress and worry out.
- A new book- One you have been waiting for to come out for months.
- A canceled deployment- When you think they might be gone and then they don’t have to be.
- Re-enlistment bonus- Pay off some debt and buy a new car.
- Military discounts- So you can take your kids somewhere you might not have been able to.
- PCS orders- You know you have been waiting for those forever.
- End of Drill weekend- My Guard/Reserve spouses know how great that is!
- When things don’t break during deployments- Because you know they are supposed to.
- Our man in uniform- Need I say more?
- Seeing old friends again- Isn’t it great when an old friend gets stationed where you now are?
- Getting an appointment in a timely manner- You might just have a love/hate relationship with Tricare.
- Going to a ball- You thought dances would end with your prom.
- Meeting someone famous- Because famous people like military installations.
- Knowing people are praying for you. Because you need all the prayers you can get.
- Forming a friendship bond that will last forever. Because of what you have been through together.
- Friendsgiving- For when your spouse is away or when you just can’t go home for the holidays.
- Free childcare- A lifesaver!
- Christmas leave- Two weeks off from military life, doesn’t happen all the time but I will take it.
- Knowing we are a part of an amazing community– Priceless!
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving???
Last Updated on June 24, 2021 by Writer