This is a sponsored post for T-Mobile with Sofluential Media!
How To Celebrate Military Spouses
Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day! A day to celebrate military spouses and all they do for their service members and military communities.
On this day, you might see fun memes, hear about discounts and freebies, and learn how to connect with other military spouses.
The question I have to ask myself is, what is a good way to celebrate military spouses? What can communities or businesses do? What can make today a good one for military spouses?
Here are some ideas:
Offer fun events
What better way to spend the week than hanging out with your friends and other military spouses. Whether it is a lunch, dinner, or a spa day, these events can be a fun way to recognize military spouses and give them a few hours to relax. Just a fun event to say, “thank you” for all you do.
Recognize their sacrifice
I think recognizing the sacrifice of a military spouse is so important. No, military spouses don’t sacrifice in the same way their service members do, but there are things that can be difficult about this life. From saying goodbye to their spouse for months at a time, to having to leave home and live across the country, military life isn’t always easy but can make for a unique yet wonderful life.
Support military spouses in their own career paths
One of the biggest struggles during military life beyond deployments and PCS’ing is finding your own career path as a military spouse. Military life doesn’t make this easy. What I love to see is companies going out of their way to help with this. T-Mobile is one of those companies.
Through hiring commitments, career programs, employee network groups, and the T-Mobile ONE for military rate plan, the Un-carrier is committed to supporting military and their families every single day.
Take a look at the below for more information about the T-Mobile ONE for Military plan – the best discount in wireless for military and their families:
- With the plan, you can receive 20% off your first line and half off up to five additional voice lines for this T-Mobile military discount. That means you pay $55 for that first line with AutoPay instead of the regular $70. $25 off your second line, and $10 off your 3rd through 6th lines.
- T-Mobile ONE Military includes everything in T-Mobile ONE at no extra cost. This includes unlimited talk, text and data, taxes and fees included, free stuff and discounts every week with T-Mobile Tuesdays, a free hour of Gogo Wifi when traveling domestically and unlimited texting and data in over 210+ global destinations.
- T-Mobile ONE Military is available for the military and their families to include active duty military, reserves, national guard, veterans, and Gold Star families, plus the small businesses they own with up to 12 voice lines.
But it is so important for companies to show support for their military spouse employees as well, in addition to their customers. Military spouses have a harder time landing jobs and growing their own careers, especially with having to move often, making the unemployment rate for military spouses 4 times the national average. In addition to that, many military spouses who are employed have jobs that don’t match their higher skill, education or prior salary levels. But, T-Mobile is addressing these issues head on:
- If a military spouse employee needs to PCS, T-Mobile has a formal process for military spouses to request a transfer to another retail store within 50 miles of their new location. They do their best to make a transfer possible for all employees because it is simply the right thing to do. .
- T-Mobile has been named a Top Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly® for 12 straight years.
- They have a commitment to hire 10,000 veterans and their spouses by 2023. Find out more in this video!
I hope you can feel celebrated this Military Spouse Appreciation Day! Thank you for standing by your service member, and making our military community an amazing one.