17 Reasons Military Spouses Are Rocking Military Life
There are so many challenges that military spouses have to go through during their spouse’s career. From deployments to trainings to moving every 3-4 years. It can be way too easy to think you are not handling military life well. The truth is, most of us spouses are actually rocking military life. We are dealing with a lot and we do the best that we can to get through each day. Whether you are brand new to this life or have been a military spouse for many years, what you do, how you stand by and support your spouse, it matters.
Here are 17 reasons why Military spouses are rocking military life:
1. We are there for each other- We are there to listen to other spouses that are having a bad day, we are there for those that need a little extra help with the kids or just to be that friendly face that lives down the street. We support one another because we get this life and what being a military spouse is all about.
2. We volunteer- Whether it is for the school, the FRG, the chapel or anything else in our community, military spouses step up and make things happen. We serve in our local communities, on post and off.
3. We listen- We can be the listening ear someone needs. Sometimes we have been through what they have been through, other times we haven’t but we can still be someone they can confide in.
4. We explore- We plan adventures. We get out and see what is in our new city. We fly across the country to see our families, without our spouse. We plan trips to see things we would never have otherwise seen had it not been for the military. We have seen the US and the world and we enjoy making all those memories.
5. We say goodbye, over and over- We do this because we have to, not because we want to. Deployments happen, trainings happen and we say goodbye to the love of our lives. This never gets any easier and yet everytime we do it we feel a little bit stronger.
6. We pray for those deployed- We pray for our spouses, their Company, their Unit, their Brigade and all the men and women who serve. We pray for their spouses and mothers and fathers and siblings. So many people need to be supported when someone they love goes off to war.
7. We write- We blog, we write books, we write love letters, we write in journals. We get our words out, whether we share them with other people or just keep them to ourselves.
8. We work hard- We do what we have to do to keep things going. We work hard at what we do. Whether we work outside the home, inside the home or a combination of both. We make to-do lists and look for ways to get things done.
9. We are mom and dad- When our spouse is gone, we try to fill the role of both mom and dad. We know we can’t replace the other parent but we do what we can to help our children and keep things running smoothly.
10. We plan great homecomings- We make signs, pick out cute outfits and plan for that big day. The day we will always remember and the day that will always make us smile, no matter how many years have gone by.
11. We are proud- We are proud of our spouses and everything they have done. We are proud when they deploy, we are proud when they get promoted, we are proud that they signed up to serve their country.
12. We know how to make the best of a bad situation- When life gives us lemons, we might cry, we might vent but at the end of the day, we make the best of a bad situation. We get through these difficult days because we find ways to get through them. We know they are a part of the military lifestyle and we do what we can to handle each and every one.
13. We have patience- We might not feel like we have a lot of patience but we do. From dealing with Tricare, paperwork to go overseas or just waiting for that homecoming day.
14. We love our spouses from afar- We love them from across the ocean, we love them when they live in our phone and computer and we love them as they return to us and have to figure out how to handle the difficulties that come after going to war.
15. We can laugh- We can make jokes about how long the lines are at the Commissary on payday or how something so simple can take so long to get done. We have to laugh at these situations sometimes, the only way to get through them.
16. We know how to connect- We move a lot so we know better than anyone how to make new friends, how to connect and how to find people that understand us. It might take longer than we like sometimes but we are committed and work hard to find people that can be a part of our tribe.
17. We understand sacrifice- We understand giving up a lot for the sake of our country. We look at the military spouses that came before us and know we are not alone. We understand what true sacrifice is and what it means to serve your country.
If you are not feeling strong as a military spouse, take a step back and see that you are in fact stronger than you think. That you are capable and that you are rocking this military spouse life.
Last Updated on July 24, 2018 by Writer