Whenever I hear about celebrities helping or supporting the military, I get really happy.
Jim Beam has a partnership with Kid Rock and together they donated $100,000 to Operation Homefront at his concert in Chicago on Sunday night.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine President and CEO Matt Shattock, with the help of Kid Rock, presents Jim Beam’s $100,000 donation to Operation Homefront President and CEO Jim Knotts backstage at Kid Rock’s concert in Chicago on Saturday, July 31. Since forming a partnership in 2008 with Operation Homefront, provider of emergency financial aid and critical assistance to U.S. troops, their families, and wounded veterans, Jim Beam has donated more than $2 million in cash and in-kind contributions to the organization. (AP/Peter Barreras)
Have you heard of Operation Homefront before?
ABOUT OPERATION HOMEFRONT
- Operation Homefront is a nonprofit organization that provides emergency assistance and morale to our troops, the families they leave behind during deployments, and wounded warriors when they return home.
- Operation Homefront has provided critical assistance to more than 45,000 military families in need.
- Operation Homefront currently has 30 chapters serving 37 states with approximately 4,500 volunteers nationwide.
- Jim Beam’s financial support helps Operation Homefront provide aid to families struggling with both emergencies and everyday life. Initiatives include:
- Emergency Aid (Food; baby care items; vehicle donation and repair)
- Computer Program (Helps children/spouses connect with loved ones)
- Financial Assistance Program (For illness, homelessness and death)
- Furniture Program (Household and baby furniture; appliances)
- Moving Assistance (Physical labor for families following a deployment)
- Social Outreach (Adopt-a-family, Thanksgiving/holiday baskets, back-to-school supplies)
JIM BEAM’S PARTNERSHIP WITH OPERATION HOMEFRONT
- Jim Beam formed an association with Operation Homefront in 2008 and donated more than $250,000 through corporate donations, local market events and distributor/retailer support.
- On Memorial Day, Jim Beam released an “Operation Homefront” special edition bottle to honor America’s troops and their families.
- Last summer, Jim Beam “toasted the troops” at airports nationwide, expanding the program to give travelers at 69 airports across the country the opportunity to support our troops. Travelers who stopped by an HMSHost-operated airport bar or restaurant had the opportunity to create their own “Salute to the Troops” by writing a message on a branded postcard provided at participating locations. Operation Homefront delivered these letters to our troops at the completion of the promotion on July 4.
- Along with Kid Rock, Jim Beam presented a $177,044 check to OHF following his Las Vegas concert at the conclusion of his tour. Operation Homefront received a fifty cent donation from every ticket sold during the 25-city Rock N’ Rebels Tour sponsored by Red Stag. In addition to the per-ticket donation, Kid Rock and Red Stag by Jim Beam™ honored individual military heroes and supporters during the tour.
- In August, the Deerfield HQ supported the Illinois Chapter’s Back to School Backpack Drive, directly benefiting more than 500 local military families at Great Lakes.
- In December, National Accounts supported their Holiday Meals programming by donating 500 meals to military families in need at Ft. Hood, Texas.
- Jim Beam and OHF launched “Salute Soldiers with the Spirit of America,” a contest designed to honor America’s military heroes with legendary experiences. Launched at the Super Bowl, consumers submitted nominations for service members who are 21 years of age or older for a chance to win VIP, legendary experiences such as special treatment and exclusive access to a famous horserace in Kentucky, a southside Chicago baseball game, Kid Rock concert and the final two days of a major golf championship at Pebble Beach.
- Jim Beam also launched a text program: Americans can show their support by simply texting the word SALUTE to 90999 to add $5 to their phone bills as a donation to Operation Homefront, a nonprofit organization providing emergency and morale assistance to troops, to the families they leave behind while they serve, and to wounded warriors when they return home. They can also share their own virtual toasts (or personal messages) on the Jim Beam Facebook fan page.
Thank you so much Jim Beam and Kid Rock for supporting the military 🙂